You can register one of two ways:
1. Paper application – download and mail to LCCTC here
2. Register online here
The Fly on the Run (FOTR) Fishing Tournament is the LCCT Foundation’s premier fundraising event. Net proceeds from the FOTR banquet and auction and fishing tournament are used to award scholarships and assist financially needy students with the purchase of uniforms, books, and required classroom materials.
The 2017 FOTR was another rousing success! A GREAT BIG thank you to all of our sponsors, volunteers, and anglers. We couldn’t do this event without you!
For 11 years, the Fly on the Run has been the primary fundraiser for the Lancaster County Career & Technology Foundation. And every year it just gets better and better! Thanks to you, our wonderful sponsors, supporters, volunteers, student chefs, faculty, our friends at Millport Conservancy, Donegal Chapter of Trout Unlimited, and the Farm Families that opened up their land for this year’s event. It was another smashing success!
On May 10, we held a sold-out Fly on the Run Banquet — a jam-packed benefit auction with lots of fabulous items, and awarded $18,000 in scholarships to deserving students from the Culinary Arts Program, Baking and Pastry Arts Program, and the Event Planning and Hospitality Management Program. See a complete listing of the student names below. The weather on May 11 for the fishing tournament, was almost perfect: cloudy with a chance of catching a rainbow. The participants had a great time, and the fish were biting! It’s always great to see new and returning anglers dot the picturesque Lititz Run and the Millport Conservancy. See the list of winning teams below.
We couldn’t do the work we do to support the students and faculty of Lancaster County Career and Technology Center without you. Give yourself a hand for all that you do to help CTC students succeed and thrive in their chosen field of study!
2017 Student Scholarship Winners
- Richard Witwer Culinary Arts Scholarship -Destiny McMillen from the School District of Lancaster. She will attend the Indiana University of Pennsylvania for Culinary Arts.
- Bucky Buckwalter Baking & Pastry Arts Scholarship – Gloria Boronow of Cocalico High School. She will attend Penn College of Technology for Baking.
- The Event Planning Scholarship -Cynthia Nieves of School District of Lancaster. She will attend Pittsburgh Technical College for Hospitality
- New Choices Culinary Arts Scholarship -Joelle Morant of School District of Lancaster. She will attend the Indiana University of Pennsylvania for Culinary Arts.
- General Scholarship – Nathan Loser of Conestoga Valley School District. He will attend Culinary Institute of America for Culinary Arts.
- Ryan Brubaker Foundation Scholarship – Tricia Erb of Conestoga Valley High School. She will attend Johnson & Wales University for Culinary Arts.
2017 Fly Fishing Tournament Winners
First Place: Team Fly Way
Ross Clubb, Captain
Second Place: Team Five Star
John Scheler, Captain
Third Place: Team Direct Wire #1
Richard Witwer, Captain
First Place: Team Direct Wire #2
David Witwer, Captain
Second Place: Team F&M
Sheldon Wenger, Captain
Josh Slaymaker – Size 19″
Learn more about the Millport Conservancy